Homemade pizza is the perfect partner for Skara Artisan Smallgoods. It makes a quick, easy and flexible midweek dinner, especially now fresh dough is available in supermarkets.
Pizza Three ways: Choose Hungarian Salami or Chorizo, Proscuitto or our Mezze Trio Pizza
1 kg fresh pizza dough, cut into thirds
400g tomato passata
1 ½ cups pizza cheese
Hungarian Salami or Chorizo Pizza
½ small red onion, sliced
6 slices Skara Hungarian salami or 1/2 Skara chorizo, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons marinated Goats cheese, crumbled
1/4 cup baby rocket leaves
200g potato, thinly sliced and blanched
100g prosciutto, torn
2 tablespoons caramelised onion
1 teaspoon thyme leaves
Mezze Trio Pizza
¼ Red capsicum, deseeded and thinly sliced
3 slices of each Skara Mezze Trio, sliced
2 bocconcini, sliced
2 tablespoons basil pesto
- Preheat oven to 250°C (230°C fan-forced) and if using a pizza stone place this in the oven to heat through.
- On a clean lightly floured work surface, roll a dough ball into a 25-30cm round, approximately 5mm thick.
- To assemble pizza, remove pizza stone from oven (if using) or lightly oil a baking tray and place prepared dough on top. Spread pizza base with a 1/3 of the passata, leaving a 2cm border around the edge.
- Depending on pizza topping choice, scatter over either the red onion, par cooked potato slices or red capsicum and 1/3 of the pizza cheese. Place in preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes or until cheese has melted and base is toasted.
- Remove pizza from oven and scatter over the Skara product of choice and the bocconcini (for the mezze trio option) and return pizza to oven for 5 minutes to warm through. Remove from oven.
- To serve, scatter over remaining ingredients for topping of choice and cut into 8 slices.