These meatballs are super quick and easy to make and packed with flavour for a delicious midweek family meal. The strong smoked qualities of our Dry Cured bacon are balanced beautifully by the garlic, ginger and spring onions, which are made even more delicious by the sweetness of the teriyaki sauce.
Product substitutes: Maple Bacon 100gm, Roasted Bacon 100gm, Maple Ham 100gm, Smokehouse Leg Ham 100gm, or Pancetta 100gm
* For super succulence ask the butcher to mince chicken thighs for super succulent meatballs.
500g chicken mince*
100g pack Skara Dry Cured Bacon, chopped
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 teaspoons soy sauce
½ teaspoon white pepper
1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
2 spring onions, chopped
¾ cup sesame seeds
spray vegetable oil
Sticky teriyaki ginger sauce
¼ soy sauce
¼ cup caster sugar
¼ cup Mirin
¼ cup ginger wine
270g pack dried noodles (eg. udon, soba or rice noodles)
1 brunch broccolini
2 spring onions (extra), thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- For the teriyaki sauce, combine ingredients together in a small saucepan over a medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil, cook for 3-4 minutes or until sauce reduces by 1/3 and becomes syrupy. Remove from heat and allow to cool
- In a large mixing bowl combine chicken, bacon, egg, soy sauce, pepper, breadcrumbs, garlic, ginger and spring onions, mixing until well combined. Using a tablespoon as a measure, roll mixture into 24 balls, before coating in sesame seeds.
- Place balls on prepared baking tray and spray with vegetable oil. Cook in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles following pack instructions, adding broccolini for the final 2 minutes. Drain.
- To serve, evenly divide noodle mixture between bowls and top with chicken balls. Drizzle over some of the teriyaki sauce and serve the rest in a jug. Garnish with spring onions.