A beautiful sliced chicken roll using our delicious, sweet leg ham paired with a decadent creamy mushroom sauce and your choice of seasonal greens is sure to delight. This Skara sliced ham made from lean pork leg, is cured with maple flavours and traditionally wood smoked.
2 chicken breasts, butterflied
4 slices Skara Maple Ham
1 cup stuffing mix
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp olive oil
6 button mushrooms, sliced
1 tsp chopped thyme
1 ½ tbsp butter
½ cup chicken stock
¼ cup white wine
½ cup cream
2 tsp cornflour dissolved in 2 tbsp cold water
- Place chicken between two layers of baking paper on a flat surface. Tenderise chicken by beating and flattening with a rolling pin or meat tenderiser mallet until chicken is an even thickness and well spread out.
- Layer each chicken breast with two slices of ham and ½ cup stuffing.
- Roll each chicken breast tightly and ‘sew’ together with four toothpicks: One on each end, and two to hold the middle section together.
- Heat oil in a large frypan over a medium high heat. Add chicken rolls and cook, rotating every few minutes until golden-brown and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat oil and add butter in a smaller frypan over medium high heat. Add mushrooms and thyme, cook until lightly browned.
- Add white wine to mushrooms and simmer for a few minutes, then add the cream. Add dissolved cornflour into sauce and simmer until it starts to thicken. Remove from heat, cover, and set aside.
- Rest chicken for 10 minutes to retain juices, then slice chicken rolls and arrange on a plate.
- Serve with mushroom sauce and vegetables of your choice.