A true winter warmer, try our potato and leak soup topped with chopped Skara’s authentic mild chorizo sausage. Skara Chorizo is the perfect finishing touch.
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp butter
1 brown onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
5 potatoes, diced into 2cm cubes
1 leek, thinly sliced
2 cups chicken stock
1 cup water
1 Skara Smoked Chorizo sausage, chopped
⅓ cup cream
1 handful fresh parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oil and butter in a large frypan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, fry until translucent. Add potatoes and leeks and continue to fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Pour in chicken stock and water, cover and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for around 30 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Stir occasionally to prevent ingredients from sticking.
- Meanwhile fry chorizo in a small frypan over medium high heat until browned and crispy.
- When ready, remove soup from heat and use a stick blender to blend soup to desired consistency. Add in cream and stir through well.
- Serve hot topped with crispy chorizo and fresh parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper.