Whip up this delicious gluten free variation of the classic pancake – with a twist! The sweetness of Skara’s maple bacon is the perfect addition to this flourless pancake mix. Now the choice is yours – will you eat it for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
A classic flour pancake mix can be made if not needing a gluten free recipe.
6 slices Skara Streaky Maple Bacon
2 bananas, chopped + extra for serving
½ cup quick oats
½ tsp baking soda (gluten free)
1-2 tsp butter
Drizzle maple syrup
Fresh cream (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a tray with baking paper and evenly space out the slices of bacon.
- Place tray in the oven and cook for 10 minutes or until the bacon starts to turn golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to sit for a few minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile place the bananas, eggs, oats and baking soda into a blender and blend for 10-20 seconds until you have a smooth batter.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Pour the pancake batter into even circles and cook for a few minutes each side, flipping once bubbles start to pop on the surface.
- Create a stack of 2-3 pancakes per plate. Top with a few slices of bacon and extra slices of banana. Drizzle with lashings of maple syrup and serve with a side of cream.